Join this cohort that is being developed exclusively for DoDEA teachers who are teaching children of military families oversees.
You have a choice of submitting the portfolio for scoring by the National Board, as desired (we align the NBCT submission dates to match your coursework). If you choose to submit your portfolio for scoring, NBCT will distinguish you as a teacher leader in the field of education.
Additional online and face-to-face support is available for active NBCT candidates, including those who do not require a master’s degree. As a member of the cohort, you are pre-approved to join My eCoach NBCT online support community for $35.
About the Master of Arts with an NBCT:
- 10 one-month online courses
- Groups of 15 DoDEA teachers are eligible for a 15 percent reduction on tuition
- No GRE; Portfolio vs. Thesis; Financial Aid
- Develop the National Board Portfolio (your thesis) during classes
- Option available to submit your portfolio to NBPTS for scoring to earn National Board Certification
1. View the Program Information Video and additional information on the Master of Arts Program page (if you attended a face-to-face or online information meeting, you can skip this step).
2. Go to the Program Facts page. View the Program Facts presentation and review the cohort schedule(s).
3. Download and review the information in the Graduate Application Packet.
4. If you are ready to apply to join the NBC Master’s program cohort, go to the “Applicant Verification” page listed below for the month you wish to start. Complete the verification form (be sure to choose one of the options listed on the Applicant Procedures document from the application packet indicating how you will complete and submit your application fee).
For more information, download the cohort flyer below, or contact Program Ambassador Joanna or cohort organizer Amanda.